Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Home from Dubai

It was hard to say good-bye to Dubai. But we got to come home to our gaggle of girls so that helped easy the pain of a vacation ending.
Some of the things that I found interesting or really liked about Dubai:
  • The milk jugs -Seriously, I can't believe I didn't take a picture of them. I think my sister and brother-in-law thought it was weird how much I liked them. I just couldn't get over it. They are more rectangle and slim than ours. They would make organizing a fridge so much better.
  • A lot of the groceries are shrink wrapped even if they are already in some sort of container - cereal boxes, yogurt, etc.
  • The car beeps when you hit a certain speed on the speedometer and continues to beep until you drop below it. On Matt and Yvonne's car it beeps when you hit 120 km per hour.
  • Call to prayer --5 times a day. I loved hearing it whether we were walking around a mall, hanging out somewhere, being tourists or laying in bed early in the morning. There is something very soothing and peaceful about it. 
  • There is construction -everywhere
  • At the airport in Jordan it was 34 degrees when we landed. They had snow. (We had a layover there for a few hours.)  While there I saw the Arab version of Nicolas Cage. I felt bad because I couldn't stop staring at the poor man. Not kidding they could have been twins other then the difference in ethnicity.
  • Jet-lag - On the way over it really didn't affect us much. Coming back it took me a good 2 1/2 weeks to feel like I was back on track. (There were several nights when I went to bed when I put the girls down 7:30 or fell asleep on the couch before it was even bedtime for them.)

Of course, we had to bring the girls some presents. Here's just one of the items we picked for them. You know me, I love to force them to match. (Wish I could have found a green dress for me too but a coordinating one was the best I could do.)



I had to come home and start doing chores. Like taking down all the Christmas stuff. (ugh) Natalie is a good helper though. When we were doing the ornaments she says to me, "Hand me that Liahona Mom. I'll put that one away."

1 comments:

Kara said...

LOVED all the pictures from your trip. Sounded like you had a great time. Weston and I keep saying that we need to jump in on one of your trips...you always go on such amazing vacations!