Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sewing for Dummies...

I've been bitten by the sewing bug.

My sister told me about this super easy pattern for little girls skirts. Miss Camille thinks that the absence of snow requires the donning of skirts, so I need as many as I can get. It's Simplicity pattern #4206 Sewing Patterns for Dummies and I made it without any help. (Okay, I called and asked my sister ONE question but that almost doesn't count.)






She's convinced that this shirt and skirt match because they both have pink!


I had so much fun make the first two, (yes I'm sure there will be others to come.) that I modified the pattern. Then using the scraps from the first two and managed to make Nattie J a skirt too.




"Leave me alone and let me get back to playing."

Next project, nightgowns.

5 comments:

MAK said...

They are cute! Emma is the same way when it comes to maching her clothes.

Didi & Jason said...

HEY! I want you to teach me how to make those! Super cute!

Laynie said...

Those are cute!! Breanna only has dresses and she has been begging for some skirts...better dust off my sewing machine.

Kara said...

Very cute...both the skirts and the girls :)

MAK said...

It accured to me that if you want to send me your e-mail you might need a place to send it to. I'm not very bright laghtly.

shamelgra@yahoo.com